Thursday, April 03, 2008

18 until today

I found it hard to believe that I became an adult, the whole of last year. Now I find it completely preposterous that this year is my last one as a teenager. I’m still seventeen in my head. I’m still not accountable. I’m still a child.

I still love a heart shaped black forest cake on my birthday. I’m not old enough to be embarrassed by the number of candles on the cake. I still have friends who think that spraying someone purple and dumping cake on their head, while making them wear a ridiculous(and secretly loved) blue party hat on the aforementioned head is an important birthday ritual. I still enjoy being fussed over, and being asked “Who is the birthday girrrrrl?” so that I can answer “ME” with a big grin on my face. And I still refer to people who are on the other side of 20 as “grown ups”.

I wish Peter Pan would appear right about now at my windowsill and offer to take me away to Neverland. I wonder if I’m going to still retain that part of me that loves calling people “a monkeys’ backside” five years from now. I think I will, I think I will.

Here is to everyone who wished me, and everyone who didn’t (hint), and everyone who made my day so special. It was the best birthday ever!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

happy birthday.

Anonymous said...

Hehe..I made the same fuss. What a long time ago that seems to have been?? :(
:P

Anonymous said...

Ha thts gr88!! Happy bday once again!:)

I AM~~ ME said...

hey i wished u! but missed 2 b there on ur bday!but loved all those videos of u turning purple:)
--sindhuja