Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Men are from...who the hell knows?!

He: So, I cut my hair!
Me: Aaaaargh! Why? Why?! It isn't even summer!
He: Whats your problem? You were the one running around a month back hollering "I want to cut my hair!"

Men. They trudge around with crew cuts and baggy jeans, shirts that should be worn by someone half their size, or double, wearing enough perfume for eight horses and three cows, or smelling like eight horses and three cows.

They either know something about fashion but just can't remember what the capital of India is, or they're incredibly smart and wear pants that show off their underwear.

Why am i allowed to cut my hair and you're not? Let me tell you.

1. Women hardly cut their hair so that it is above their ears.

2. Our haircuts normally cost more that fifty rupees(including the head massage).

3. The person who cuts our hair is not a fifty five year old man who has just been yelled at by his perpetually nagging wife for forgetting to buy the groceries, and has a gigantic pair of scissors in his hand.

4. We never fall asleep in the beauty parlour.

5. We don't think brylcream is the solution to all our problems.

6. We don't try looking like prison inmates.

7. We dont think bald is cool.

8. We wash our hair more than once a month.

Of course, there our some exceptions to that last rule in the race of men. The ones who love green apple shampoo and loreal conditioner. But then, you, my friend, have much more to worry about than just fashion.

15 comments:

Paddyman said...

I DONT HAVE/LOVE GREEN APPLE SHAMPOO THAT GUY USED IT ON ME :|

And I dont have anything else to worry about, thankyouverymuch :|

Namrita said...

Oh boy, yes, guys and going bald.. SHEESH. :|
And rush.. Green apple shampoo? seriously? Now i know what to get you for your b'day! :D

Nidhi said...

lol....ekdum mast post tha :D

varsha said...

haha..you can try to not name names but the first comment just proved my guess right.

Soumya said...

@paddyman
how deep is the hole? you know, the one you've dug for yourself?

@nidhi
:D

@me
and i really didnt even have to try!

ice_fire said...

lol...The blog makes me nod my head(in the ' ah i so agree with it'way)...

priya said...

that is hilarious.. nice post :)

Srivats-Vatsan said...

Arent u de grls worryin too much abt men's hairstyle :P

give it a break babe :) u can never teach a tiger to climb trees !

Hail Ceaser !

Soumya said...

um..babe? seriously?

we're the ones who have to look at it! trust me, mars vs venus shall never cease :)

Anonymous said...

hey why are you sleeping for a long time.Time for a post!!! wake up!!!

Gowri Shankar said...

LOL
4. We never fall asleep in the beauty parlour.

5. We don't think brylcream is the solution to all our problems.

6. We don't try looking like prison inmates.


I can relate to these

Rahul said...

Actually i admit.. All the hair raising facts about our hair habits are true... I do not know what the hell the barber is doing when he massacres my hair..
I have tried going to the posh places(haircuts for about 150).. but i fall asleep there invariably... and lets just say that plucked chickens could look better...lol

And yea.. Brylcreem was the solution to our problems but now the gels and after shower creams have been doing increasingly well as substitutes...

Paddyman said...

MY post is more recent than yours!!

Unknown said...

Ah! Its 'Brylcreem'. N we Definitely don't think bald is cool either. Plus we all sport long hair and love doing so! All hail the 55 year old man!

Joseph Ganesh said...

:)